Choosing the right real estate agent is a crucial step in the home selling process. Taking the time to research area agents so that you can make an informed decision can lead to a fast sale and a nice profit for you.
What factors should you consider when trying to decide on an agent?
– Attentiveness. Deciding to sell your home is a big deal, and you need to have an agent who recognizes how important it is to you and your family. Find an agent who responds quickly to emails and calls and is willing to frequently update you about the status of your home.
– Familiarity with the market. Find an agent who knows your market so that they can price it competitively. Knowing the market also means that they probably know how to market the home effectively, so choose someone who really knows your neighborhood.
– Listing presentation. Before you choose an agent, you should allow them to put together a comprehensive listing presentation where they show you what their plans would be for listing your home. Take this time to ask them questions about their process and experience.
– Record. Check the price range and style of homes that the agent has recently sold. If you have a home that should be priced in the $500,000+ range, and the agent you’re considering typically sells homes for less than $100,000, they might be a little out of their element trying to sell yours. It might be worth it to find an agent who is used to selling luxury homes and knows how to appeal to luxury buyers.
– Personality. While this isn’t a huge factor, it is important to choose an agent that you actually enjoy being around. If you clash during your first meeting, you will probably continue to clash throughout the process, and it won’t be a good experience for either of you.
Go with your gut when deciding which agent to choose. If you meet and connect with an agent and they seem to have your best interests in mind, you’ll probably have a good experience. If someone seems like they don’t care about you or your home, then keep looking. Choose someone who is clearly looking out for you and who will do whatever they can to sell your home quickly. Good luck!