With a little hard work, it’s possible to update your home without hiring a pro or breaking the bank. Whether you’re planning on selling immediately or just want to improve the overall look, these 7 do-it-yourself projects can add resale value to your home and give it an entirely new look.
1. Replace outdated fixtures and hardware with new ones. Replacing lighting fixtures and hardware is actually easier than most people probably realize, and it can instantly modernize a home. You can find hardware at your local hardware stores and retailers.
2. Paint your trim white. This easy fix can completely transform the look of your home. Painting trim is a time consuming project, but the results definitely make it worth it.
3. Paint your kitchen cabinets. If the cabinets are solidly built, then you can give your kitchen a new look by painting them. Depending on the color you choose, cabinets can brighten up a room or set the tone for that space.
5. Give your walls a new coat of paint. Neutrals are really popular right now and give you the freedom to change up the look by changing accessories instead of constantly having to repaint.
6. Add ceiling fans. Ceiling fans (especially ones with overhead lighting) add to resale value of a home and are also useful for cutting down on AC bills.
7. Make exterior updates. Curb appeal is important and can be a great opportunity to show off your home’s personality. Cleaning, repainting cracked paint, and adding landscaping will help your home make a great first impression.